Soul has essence of seven virtues i.e Love, peace, Happiness, Knowledge, Power, Purity and Bliss. Spiritual body or soul is Chitta Kosh & Sat Kosh.
Taittiriya Upanishad has described that soul has five sheaths or layers which is called as Panchkosh viz. Annamay kosh, Pranmay kosh, Manomay Kosh, Vigyanmay Kosh & Anandmay Kosh.
Due to ignorance, the soul identifies itself with the physical body and its constituents – mind, ego and Intellect which are products of Prakriti.
Piling up of karmas creates karmic account, decides next birth, age and pleasures and pains in life. Some miseries bring problems & disturbances immediately and other remains in mind & continue to irritate for long and create miserable experiences due to pancha Klesha viz. avidiya, raag, dwesh, asmita and abhinivesh. Person suffers by natural calamities, diseases and other living beings.
The various aspects of bondage of soul are discussed here-under.
Modern Science has proved that entire universe, non-living and living beings are ultimately composed of sub-atomic particles.
According to Sankhya philosophy of Hinduism, the universe is caused by interaction of Purusha and Prakriti. Prakirit cause evolution of 23 elements which include five gross elements, five sense organs, five action organs, five subtle elements, mind, ego & Intellect. Total elements are 25 which also include Purusha and Prakriti.
1. Prakriti is first principal tattva (element), which caused evolution of material world i.e. matter, energy or force.
2. Prakriti is dynamic and trigunas i.e. composed of three gunas (characteristics, behavioural attributes) viz. sattva, Rajas & Tamas.
3. Prakṛiti remains unmanifested as long as the three gunas sattva, Rajas & Tamas are in equilibrium.
4. This equilibrium of the gunas is disturbed when prakṛti comes into proximity with consciousness or Purusha.
5. Purusha (Soul, Atman, first element) is eternal pure consciousness. The Purusha is only thing which is immaterial. Love, existence and knowledge (Sat Chit Anand) are not the qualities of the Purusha, but its essence.
6. Prakriti (प्रकृति) second element caused evolution of intellect which led further evolution of 22 other elements (tattvas) as under:
Akasha is physical element having quality of sound. It is not empty space.
Intellect helps in judgement and to discriminate between subject and object i.e. self and non-self.
Egoism is the identification of the self with the instrument of senses (chitta i.e. memory, mind i.e. place of thoughts, Buddhi i.e. decision making and Indriyas). There emanates two sets of objects from ahamkara. The first set comprises of the manas (mind), the five sense-organs and the five motor organs. The second set consists of the five elements which may exist in two forms, subtle and gross.
Gunas of Prakriti
What are the Principles:
Hinduism is the religion of Hindus. Hinduism is oldest religion in the world and became a way of life. Hinduism can be explained as under:
Hinduism has founded basic principles for self, family, society and universe. The principles help in attaining harmony and their holistic development.
I. Formation of life i.e. Panchbhoota
Life on earth is made of five elements viz. Jal (water), Vayu (air), Prithvi (earth), Agni (fire) and Akash (space).
According to Ayurveda and Yoga, Pancha Bhoota are associated with overall health of human being. Any disorder in human body indicates imbalance of one or more of these elements.
II. Stages of life
Life is divided four parts i.e. Ashrams viz. Brahamchariya (attaining knowledge), Grahast (marriage and developing children), Vanprasat (retirement age) and Sanyas (renunciation of material desires).
III. Debts of life - Brahma rin, Dev rin, Rishi rin, Pitra rin
principle for family development - family system
What is the Principle: