Soul has seven virtues i.e Love, peace, Happiness, Knowledge, Power, Purity and Bliss. Perfection is there already in the soul. But this perfection has been covered up by nature; layer after layer of nature is covering this purity of the soul.
Due to ignorance, the soul is identified with the physical body and its constituents – mind, ego and Intellect which are products of Prakriti. Pancha Klesha viz. avidiya, raag, dwesh, asmita and abhinivesh cause sufferings and future births.
Every thought (मनसा, Mansa), every word (वचना,vachna) and every action (कर्मणा, Karmna), good or bad, just goes down and becomes fine, and is there stored up as Samskâras, the impressions and create Karmic account.
External stimuli due to situation create various thoughts in mind, in turn intellect decides the future course of action based on available data & memories in Chit and decision is vetted by ego. Repeat similar situations develop particular behavioural pattern. Hence, we become slave of situations. In case, we take decisions based on qualities of soul viz. Love, peace, Happiness, Knowledge, Power, Purity and Bliss and believe the situations are creation of past karma, negative decision and behaviour shall be avoided as a result karmic account or samskara will not be formed.
Hence, at thought level, an active restraint on wicked thoughts and use of intellect may reduce creation of further karmic account. Break on influx of wasteful information, thinking other’s actions and criticising other’s action should be put off. Instead if possible help them, otherwise forget (not place in memory).
Maharishi Patanjali has defined Yoga as "the detention of the thoughts of the mind". He explained eight dimensional path called Ashtanga for full wellness and physical, mental and spiritual purification which ultimately lead to liberation of soul.
The virtuous qualities of Soul (Love, peace, Happiness, Wisdom, Power, Purity and Bliss) need to be imbibed at thought level and practised in words & actions.
To liberate the soul from Samskara, aspirant need to work at mind level i.e. thought level, at intellect level i.e. decision making level and at action level to purify self, discipline life & for selfless karma.
Following Five “S” is the path to liberate the soul:
1. Savadhaya - study & Practice of spirituality. Intellect (Viveka) sharpens and enlightens us to discriminate between soul & body.
2. Sadhana - Ishwar worship & bhakti means engrossing god into the thoughts. It eliminates wasteful thoughts and connects us with god.
3. Seva – One should perform his duties without attachment to its results. Non-attachment to karma (action) does not cause impression. Further, to repay our debts towards nature, parents and teachers / gurus for sharing and sacrificing their resources, selfless service or seva without any hidden agenda (known or unknown) to be done to them.
4. Satsang – Constant association with pure souls and enlightened persons.
5. Samarpan – surrender of all karmas to god to eliminate creation of future Samskara.
The stepwise details are as under:-
Divinity of Soul
Soul (Atman, Purusha) is potentially divine.
Creation of Karmic Account (Samskara) – Thought (Mansa), Word (Vachana) & Action (Karma)
Sanskaras Past or Present
Path for Liberation of Soul: